HS009 – Continued Monitoring of L. tarentolae Growth

Submitted by Hannah Sparks

This was the third count of L. tarentolae. It was expected to have a count of about 1e8 parasites/mL. Once the count confirmed that they were at the expected stage we decided to make a new sample with a lower count. Using calculations, we determined the amount of L. tarentolae from the current sample that we had to add to new media in order to decrease the count 1e5 parasites/mL. A count was redone in order to confirm that the count was decreased to the right amount, and it confirmed that it was. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s