For TRIM Protein Research
To get pointed in the right direction, I have made up the following list of “5” things to do.
- Perform literature searches on the TRIMs and MAGEs that you are studying.
- Determine how you will keep track of hours worked and lab book pages logged.
- Look to see what PCR primer sets you have for your TRIMs/MAGEs. Make sure that there are primers designed for cloning by recombination into pGADT7 and pEGFP/mAzurite
- Start performing PCRs for cloning. Then gel purify. Then check gel. Then recombination reactions. Then transformations. Then screening for inserts.
- Map out the splice variants for your TRIMs/MAGEs and design both general and variant-specific primers for qPCR. Also design variant cloning strategies.
Team leaders, please work together with your teammates to come up with a game plan to accomplish these goals. Some goals are never ending such as goal 1. Other goals should be easy to devise a plan (goal 2) but need to be followed up on all summer.