May 7, 2018
-getting plasmid-sequencing primer- ship through the mail
-analyze sequences (bioinformatics)
-glycerol stocks for all clones
-tables (charts/map for everything and they should be in their place)
-stockpiles of miniprep plasmids
–wins for the team
-condensed summary for the week
-what you’re doing
Outreach, program development
– “fluff pieces”
-techniques they have done
-youtube videos explaining cloning strategies
POLS videos (Riley)
-Prep videos through characterization of different viruses.
-Write a review paper summary on the different TRIMS
-Literature Reviews about the TRIMs you are studying
-be able to talk about those papers and tell everyone about it.
Tasks for Team Leaders
- Perform literature searches on the TRIMs and MAGEs that you are studying.
-Come up with a computer file of different sequences, look at database, find splice variants, come up with cloning strategies to get rid of the extra sequences.
- Determine how you will keep track of hours worked and lab book pages logged.
- Look to see what PCR primer sets you have for your TRIMs/MAGEs. Make sure that there are primers designed for cloning by recombination into pGADT7 and pEGFP/mAzurite
- Start performing PCRs for cloning. Then gel purify. Then check gel. Then recombination reactions. Then transformations. Then screening for inserts.
- Map out the splice variants for your TRIMs/MAGEs and design both general and variant-specific primers for qPCR. Also design variant cloning strategies.