For TRIM Proteins
- Discovery of TRIM8 and TRIM13v3 gel purified PCR products in the freezer. Check gels confirmed the presence of these TRIMS in the correct place. Strong band of TRIM13v3 was present.
- pTWIST-TRIM5a digest with NotI & BamHI and observation of TRIM5a at the correct size.
- pGADT7-TRIM5a digest showed TRIM5a in an unexpected spot with a curved band. When we referenced the sequence information for this plasmid, we decided to stop using this plasmid for now and switched to pTWIST-TRIM5a.
Week 3 “To Do” List
- PCR of pTWIST-TRIM5a
- Gel pure of a TRIM8 band for use as template DNA for PCR.
- Recombination of TRIM13v3 into pGADT7, pEGFP-C1, mAzurite, and pGBKT7
- Bacterial Transformations of TRIM13v3 into pGADT7, pEGFP-C1, mAzurite, and GBKT7.
- Finish up Glycerol Stock Archive Maps.