BRIC Academy- Next Week
- Take everything we need from downstairs lab to upstairs lab on Friday.
Upward Bound Unite Grant (High school kids)
- Possibly two high school students/per 1 undergrad
- Training on Thursday at 1-1:45 pm.
Dr. Graff’s Summer Projects
- Design curriculum for Discover Bio lab and Virology in the fall
- Blog Posts
- Literature Review with Derek
- Look at videos and determine if there is anything extra to add or comments.
- Videos helpful for fall courses and incoming high school students.
- Write up protocols listed on website
- Where is everything in the lab and how to do it.
- Graff will send out an email of techniques, everyone picks one or two protocols and they will be uploaded onto the website.
- Cloning into pGBKT7 isn’t working, so she is making a new batch to start working with.
- 3 dot bacteria is not giving great colonies.
- -Possible errors with TRIM13 into pGADT7.
- -Split cells
- Seed 24 well plate of HEK-293 cells, look up to see what expected TRIM5a localization pattern is and see.
- Working to get group comfortable in the lab.
- Problems cloning TRIM34 with Brittnee’s pGBKT7 plasmid and 3 dot bacteria, switched to Zach’s pGBKT7 plasmid and commercial bacteria.
- Recombination of pGBKT7 for MAGE A1 and A2B.
- Lack of colonies from transformation, going to use commercial bacteria instead of 3 dot.
- Working with POLS phages, making lysates, getting titers, getting streaks for lysogens.
- DNA extractions for OPAD and AbdulJake, low concentrations (Possibly do it again?) Do restriction digest.
- Make a lysogen assay checklist.
Meeting on Next Wednesday at 10 am.