For TRIM Protein Research (TRIM5a, TRIM8, TRIM13, & TRIM58)
- TRIM5a digests confirmed successful insertion into mAzurite and pEGFP-C1.
- Seeded a culture of HEK-293 cells to begin protocols for transfection to determine localization and co-localization of the TRIMs.
- PCR showed bands from Human cDNA and HEK-293cDNA templates for TRIM13 and TRIM8 for insertion into fluorescent plasmids.
- Recombination/Transformation of TRIM8 into pGADT7 did not yield colony formation.
Week 4 “To Do” List
- Gel Pures of TRIM8 and TRIM13 for fluorescence.
- Split HEK-293 cells
- Possible recombination/transformations of TRIM8 and TRIM13 into the fluorescent plasmids.