Biotechnology Chapter 4 Day 1 Questions
- How does DNA methylase know where to add methyl groups to the new strand of DNA following replication?
- Draw figure 4.2 with as much detail as possible. Describe the role of each enzyme including the subunits of DNA pol III.
- What is the connection between lagging strand synthesis during DNA replication and telomeres?
- What’s the purpose of the RNA made by primase?
- Why does replicating DNA in vivo (in a cell) require more “reagents” than in vivo (in a lab reaction)-based techniques?
- Write a step-by-step explanation of oligonucleotide (“oligo”) DNA synthesis starting with the first nucleotide attaching to CPG (controlled pore glass).
- Why is it critical for DNA synthesizers to have an efficiency of 99% or better when making a typical oligo?