Biotechnology Chapter 5 Day 3 Questions
- How are snRNAs (snurps) involved in splicing? How does this differ from group II intron splicing? What’s a lariat? What’s a lariat structure?
- Data from what method was used to identify many new alternative splice sites? How can an antisense therapeutic affect alternative splicing?
- Riboswitches are mostly found in bacteria. Compare the mechanisms of transcription attenuation and translation inhibition.
- Why can hairpin ribozymes, but not antisense oligonucleotides, catalyze many reactions?
- Describe the selection process and the evolution method involved in SELEX.
- What are aptamers? How are these similar to riboswitches?
- What are ribozyme effector molecules and aptamer “antidotes”?
- What does the photolyase DNAzyme “fix”? Why would you want to fix this? How does this relate to DNA gels?