The Intro to biology section of Khan Academy has six assignments (three in “Welcome to biology” and three in “The science of biology”). Take notes on these six assignments and be ready to discuss the following points in class:
- What are the seven properties of life?
- What are the steps of the scientific method? (We will use the bacteriophage project from POLS lab as an example)
- Explain what a controlled experiment is and give examples.
- Discuss different types of variables.
- What is the link between a hypothesis and statistics?